Children’s Mental Health Week
This week is Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week, organised by the Mental Health Charity Place2Be.
The theme of this week is ‘Express yourself’, encouraging children and adults to find time to express themselves and the creative ways that we can share our thoughts, our feelings and our ideas. This could be through poetry, dancing, art, writing or music.
- Mrs O’Hagan introduced the theme of ‘Being creative and expressing yourself’ to promote positive mental health in the Junior School Assembly last Thursday. The children were set a challenge to be creative this week and also try the squiggle game #ghssquigglechallenge.
- Ms Connor organised a virtual wake up call at the beach with the S1 year group this morning, watching the waves come in and out allowed the pupils to focus on their breathing.
- A few of our talented musicians in the Senior School will be sharing their favourite musical pieces this week
- On Wednesday, registration classes will be taking part in a stretching session with Miss Arthur
- The Art Department will be encouraging everyone to take part in the UK’s biggest Art Exhibition, more information to follow as we create a ‘Heriot’s Community Art Gallery’.
Resources are available on Firefly to help pupils, parents and staff look after themselves.