PE - Young Leadership Award
Sports Leaders UK provides nationally recognised leadership awards and qualifications that help people develop essential life skills such as organisation, motivation, communication and working with others. All of the awards and qualifications are practical - candidates learn by doing rather than through written work. And, we don't do exams - assessment is made upon a candidate's ability to lead and demonstrate their leadership skills for a certain period of time, within a specific setting.
Things they have learned in the nine week block are:
- Understanding the role of leadership in varied situations
- How to organise yourself and others
- How to communicate with others
- How to lead sporting activities
- Taking part in different activities
- Gaining confidence
- Working independently
- How to lead yourself and others safely in activities
Students will also have external instructors in Dance and Archery giving them the opportunity to try new sports.
As you can see from the Government website we are embracing the new curriculum and giving our pupils every opportunity to succeed in the future.